- Product Reviews
Stamina Avari Magnetic Elliptical A550-110
Using the Stamina Avari Magnetic Elliptical A550-110 can be less stressful on your knees, hips and back than running on a treadmill. Walking on a treadmill, however, exerts about the same force as using an elliptical. The Avari Magnetic Elliptical is equipped with movable upper body handles or poles, similar to ski poles. These allow you to exercise both your arms and your legs. Most elliptical machines can be pedaled in reverse, which allows you to work your calf and hamstring muscles a bit more than does forward motion.
Avari elliptical trainer offers the benefit of a low-impact workout, The Avari magnetic elliptical exercises both your upper and lower body. Unlike the treadmill the Avari elliptical allows your feet sliding back and forth like they would on skis, the pedals will move in an oval or elliptical pattern. Since your feet never leave the pedals, your feet don't strike the ground so there is less stress and strain on your joints. It is like walking or running in midair.
The shape of the elliptical movement mimics the natural path of the ankle, knee and hip joints during walking, jogging or running. In comparison, when you walk or run, every step causes a jolt to your body. This affects not only the joints in your legs, but also your lower back.
What makes an elliptical trainer unique is the combined upper and lower body workout. That is why many refer to an elliptical as a cross-trainer.
The Avari magnetic elliptical trainer's stationary handrails are there to help you keep your balance. You should not lean or slouch on the rail; the proper position is to keep your body upright and your head straight. To get a better workout on your trunk and legs, drop your hands to your sides. This will demand more work on your core muscles as you strive to maintain balance while pedaling.
Another important aspect in elliptical trainer use is the pedaling direction - you can pedal forwards or backwards. The elliptical is a cross between a treadmill and a cross country ski machine, but instead of your feet sliding back and forth, the pedals will move in an oval or elliptical pattern.
Stamina Avari Magnetic Elliptical A550-110 Features:
- Low-impact aerobic exercise
- Quiet, smooth, magnetic resistance
- Dual-action handlebars
- Adjustable pedals allow customized foot positions
- Stationary hand grips
- Dual-action handlebars for upper and lower body workout or with stationary hand grips for lower body only
- Multi-function display shows workout time, speed, distance, calories burned, and heart rate
- Easy-to-reach tension control knob
- Hand pulse sensors built into stationary hand grips
- Foam padded handlebars
- Leveling stabilizer caps
- Wheels for easy portability
- 14" stride length
- Holder for cell phone or MP3
Stamina Avari Magnetic Elliptical A550-110 Specifications:
- Material: Steel Frame, Plastic Housing
- Product Color: Black/Grey
- Resistance: Magnetic
- Comfort Elements: Adjustable pedals to fit most users; Padded handlebars
- Targeted Training: Cardiovascular fitness to aid in weight loss, tones hips thighs, legs, and upper body
- Assembly: Assembly required
- Dimensions: 44.5 x 24 x 60
- Product Weight: 0 lbs
- Weight Limit: 250 lbs.
Stamina Avari Magnetic Elliptical A550-110 Warranty:
- 90 days on parts, 3 years frame
Order your Stamina Avari Magnetic Elliptical A550-110 from FitnessFactoryOutlet.com today!